Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Cell Phone Ceremony

The latest trend in weddings is cell phone usage. Really ... for a number of purposes.

Now I have had the occasional calls in the middle of a ceremony. Even the ones that people actually answer and talk during the ceremony. Even have had that person talking on the cell phone the groom: "I'm saying I DO right now! No. Really! Right now! Okay, I'll call you later. Bye." But that is not the cell phone usage I am talking about.

Video: I am seeing more and more cell phones recording the ceremony and putting it up on Facebook or Youtube before the ceremony is even done.

Photo: Cell phone pix have been used for years but more and more I see less and less cameras and more and more cell phones taking pictures from the audience.

Communication: NOW the lastest is live Skyping happening during the ceremony so those not able to make it to the wedding can see and hear the ceremony AS IT HAPPENS. It was wild, two different phones aiming at me and the couple as they exchanged vows.

The funnest wedding with cell phones was a wedding of just me and the couple and 5 cell phones. I don't know where they got 5 of them but we put them on a pedistal close to us as they exchanged vows so their family could hear what is going on. When I pronounced them husband and wife there was a distorted scream from the speaker phones as they celebrated too. Then to top it off the camera man aimed at the cell phones and said, "Okay every one, smile!"

No comments:

Post a Comment